Sunday, October 13, 2013

Movie Time

You know what I really like/don't like?
Movie reviews.
Because they ruin the movie!!!!!!!
But, if it's a movie you've never seen, then you can find out if it's any good.
Basically you get to read other peoples opinions
about a movie you have never watched before.
Unless you are a weirdy, and you read reviews for movies
you have already seen *neverdonethat*
*whistles*
Can you imagine a website that only reviewed movies
that were originally released on VHS?!
Then all those poor deprived teens could get some culture.
That would be mind blowing.
And for some reason, people think if you yell,
***SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!***
that it makes the fact that you just told me the entire plot of the movie okay.
 
But really, nowadays, (that's another one of those cool smushed up words)
reading reviews can be reeeeeally helpful.
I like PluggedIn reviews, in case you were wondering, which,
you probably weren't.
 
We recently watched a movie that was really good, and,
almost impossible for me to find on YouTube.
But that was just me apparently, because my Mom
totally found it, and emailed it to me.
 
Three times.
 
Yeah, I have a punch card for blonde moments like this.
 
But if you want to watch it, it IS indeed, on YouTube
and it's called "Last Ounce of Courage"
So go watch it, then you can come back, and see if I missed anything awesome about it.
 
The movie had a really great message.
(get ready, here's the review part!!!!)
 
There are no captions!!!! Goodness, do these people not have kids?!
 
The main character is a self-proclaimed freedom fighter, that is determined
to bring Christmas back to his town, of which he is the mayor.
Guess what-his name is Revere. Bob Revere. Do we see the historical importance?
Homeschoolers.
It's about Christmas, with an undercurrent of the fight for our freedoms.
Basically I'm a sucker for movies like this. It's like a phase, that never.goes.away.
I have to get it out though, it was the smallest bit cheesy-predictable.
But really, it balanced itself out well. I actually teared up during one part,
so it won me over.
And I would definitely say that his "Rooftop Speech" is on the same level of
inspiration as the end speech in "Courageous".
And the Ronald Reagan quotes! Awesome touch.
Aliens-creepy.
This has to be the most disjointed movie review. Ever.
Be patient, I just don't feel like typing out everything I thought.
Okay, almost final thought-
There was a suspiciously suspicious Willy Nelson look-alike who was surrounded by mystery and coincidence things. I saw Willy Nelson once, on a show, and I don't think
I could ever forget that hair. Really. I tried. Is it gray, is it red, what's going on?
Final thought! I would watch it again.
I wish it was a little "Christmas-y" as in, making cookies or nativity or something, because they mention tradition a lot in the movie, but we don't get to watch them decorate or make cookies or anything. But that is personal preference.
 
So, I'm thinking, movie reviews, not really a great career option.
At least not for me.
Not at night.
It would actually be fun.
Unless the movie was horrendous, and then I wouldn't want to write a review about it,
I would just be like
DON'T WATCH IT.
Trust me!
 
Okay, that's enough. i'm tired of checking my grammar.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment