Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall excitement

 
It is getting cool here!!!!
As in temperature. Not culture.
My sibs and I were in the car this afternoon,
waiting for my mom to come out of the store and they were like-
"Look at that lady! She is wearing a coat!
And so is that one! Aren't they hot?!"
 
One day, when my siblings get married, I am going
to give them a really special, special gift.
I'm going to slice the labels off of 15 or 20
canned goods ranging from chili to pears,
and write on each one things like,
 
"Thanks for all that awkwardness."
 
They will never forget it *happysigh*
 
Back to the weather.
I love how in old books, they always say that weather is a
safe topic to discuss with your host, just in
case you have nothing else in common.
 
Guess what? Those were the old days.
When kids weren't supposed to blab about the weather.
 
I like Fall. Because it is so colorful.
And it is dry and crunchy.
But I get over it pretty quickly, because I want snow.
I am getting my sulking about the lack of snow done ahead of time this year.
Because last year, I was sulking, and it snowed.
I mean no joke. I am pretty sure it doesn't snow here.
But it did last year, and right around November I started
thinking about how wonderfully amazing if it did snow on Christmas.
 
And it did. And I was thrilled.
And we ran outside without shoes or anything and stared
at the dark sky flinging specks of snow at us and we laugh and
jumped and shrieked about how it was snowing the entire time.
I was so happy.
 
In Juneau we would wait for the first snow.
It will come at the end of this month, and last well into the New Year.
We would leave the blinds up and glance out,
watching for the first falling.
My sis and I thought it was pretty awesome to yell,
"IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
For the first time of the season.
Watching a good snow fall is mesmerizing.
When it's big and fluffy like the dust off of a ceiling fan,
you pick one flake, watch it fall, and then pick a new one.
When it's tiny fine icy flakes, coming down like rain,
you stare right up into it and get dizzy watching it hurl at all angles down
to the ground.
And when it doesn't snow you can always play in it.
Or shovel it.
Or both.
Or! You can wait until it is nice and deep on your deck,
(at least a couple feet)
open your sliding glass door,
 run through the office,
and fling yourself into the drift!
Providing of course, that you have a deck, a door, snow, and a small
willingness to come out looking like....
you just jumped into a snow drift.
On purpose.
 =]
 
I hope everyone is enjoying Fall though!!!
 
Because you have to get through Fall to get to this:
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment