Monday, July 8, 2013

Fudgesicles-only healthy-ish :)

Well, I am not sure if it socially acceptable to put the
word "healthy" next to anything remotely related to fudge.
At least not where we live.


But, these are pretty delicious, and fudge-y.
And healthy....ish.


I adapted a couple recipes I found online, to cater to our needs.
(aka, I am making these, and I am not going to the store for odd ingredients)

Healthy Fudgesicles
You bet there is a hidden ingredient!
  • 3 cups sweet potatoes (I used the canned kind, with a little bit of the juice)
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whiz the sweet potatoes around in the blender until it looks like....well...like baby food.
 Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until....blended!

These were pretty thick, so I had to spoon the mix into our holders.
Which irked me for some reason, because I was kinda hoping it would just
pour in. But they are very good, the kids really liked them.

Also, I saw another variation where they used pumpkin instead of the sweet potatoes, which sounds pretty good, but we didn't happen to have any on hand. :)


ENJOY! 

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment