Sunday, March 2, 2014

Let's Paint our Shoes!!!

We are going to paint shoes today!
So run over t o Walmart, and grab a pair
of those 7.00 white tennis shoes that look
super boring, and we are going to make them more fun!
Boring, right?

Pull out those laces, and tuck the tongue into the
toe of the shoe! Now, we are ready to paint!
I used my Tulip fabric paint, the
same ones I've used to my t-shirt projects.

 I really wanted a nice teal color, but I didn't have
any, so I had to mix it.

This is what it looked like before I stirred it up. 
Probably 60% blue, 20% white, 15% green, 5% yellow.


I didn't get a pic of just the teal *bummer*, but I painted the middle
part of both shoes teal. Next, I did black stripes.
I was using scotch tape (cut in half down the center) for a guideline, like painters tape.
I also did the stripes on the toes of both shoes.
It was a little time consuming, but I really like how they turned out!


Can't wait to wear them!



No comments:

Post a Comment